This is the official notification of the next meeting of our association, on Saturday April 23, 2016, in Atlantic City, New Jersey. It will be held at Harrah’s Resort Hotel, and the program theme is “Learning from the GermanWings Tragedy“.
The following committees will hold meetings on the preceeding Friday, April 22:
- 4 pm – 6 pm: Membership Committee, Ocean City Room, Harbor Tower
- 7 pm – 9 pm: Council Meeting, Longport Room, Harbor Tower
As usual, you are welcome to attend either of the Friday committee meetings.
The Saturday, April 24 events and locations are:
- 8 am – 5 pm: Scientific Program followed by the General Business, Avalon 12/13/14
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm: Cocktails, Wildwood Terrace
- 7:30 – 10:30: Dinner. Wildwood 1-5
Please also consider attending the CAMA events:
- Sunday April 24th, CAMA Sunday, 9:00 AM – 12:15 PM – Avalon 12/13 (CME pending)
- Monday, April 25th, CAMA Informal Meeting 10 AM – 12 Noon – Avalon 23/24
- Monday April 25th, CAMA Luncheon 12 Noon – 2 PM – Wildwood 6/7 (CME pending)
(Tickets must be purchased in advance through AsMA for the CAMA Luncheon)
For a map of the hotel, please see:
Specific program details and Saturday morning registration times will be posted as soon as they are finalized.
Please remember that you must be a current AsMA member for AMDA membership to be active as well. To register for the AsMA meeting, please go their registration page at:
Also, if you haven’t done so already, please pay your annual dues ($50 US) as soon as possible. Dues were payable upon receipt of your statement earlier this month, so if you have not yet sent your payment to our Treasurer, Dr. Matt Dumstorf, please do so now even if you are not able to attend the upcoming meeting. If you plan to attend the AMDA dinner this year, please send him payment for dinner ($25 US) for yourself and each guest you wish to bring. Please locate your statement, and then you may either:
- mail payment directly to Matt Dumstorf, 2816 Ninovan Lane Minooka, Il 60447
- e-mail him (Matthew.Dumstorf@faa.gov) the completed form with credit card info
- fax to me the completed form with credit card info – but first please e-mail him so that he can provide the correct fax # to use
If you do not intend to attend this year, please send me your regrets. My email address is email@example.com.
I have not heard of any members who have passed away since our May 2015 meeting, so please let me know if you are aware of anyone we have lost.
I would like to recognize our members who were honored by AsMA in 2015:
- Dr. Nomy Ahmed – Boothby-Edwards Award
- Dr. Susan Northrup – John Tamisiea Award
- Dr. Lorenzo Vargas – Won Chuel Kaw Award
And last, but not least, a message from our President, Dr. David P. Millett:
I encourage all our members to attend the Annual Meeting April 23, 2016, in the Harrah’s Resort Waterfront Conference Center. Program Chair, Elizabeth Wilkinson, has put together a world-class program. The meeting will include breakfast, coffee, and lunch for members in the exhibit area. The evening social hour and dinner for members and registered guests in the conference center will be an outstanding event. Please remember to thank Petra Illig for the new web site.
The day after the AMDA meeting will be CAMA Sunday. I would like to invite all AMDA members to attend the program on DVT and pulmonary embolism. The presenters will be Dr. Robert McBane of the Mayo Clinic and Dr. Warren Silberman, Senior AME and former manager of the FAA Aeromedical Certification Division. CME has been applied for.
On Monday, the CAMA Luncheon will feature Dr. Robert Haddon of the Mayo Clinic presenting “Handling the Risk of Rare Events in Everyday Life: or Why Bob Lives on a Cul-de-sac.” This should be entertaining and educational. CME has been applied for. Tickets must be purchased in advance from AsMA. Let’s all be there!
Enjoy Atlantic City!
Petra Illig, M.D.