The Airlines Medical Directors Association (AMDA) is a constituent member of the Aerospace Medical Association. AMDA was founded with three primary objectives:
- To improve the practice and standards of aviation and industrial medicine, particularly as pertaining to airlines operations.
- To encourage research and the study of medical problems in these fields.
- To aid in the establishment and support of any scientific or benevolent associations that are inaugurated to further these objectives.
AMDA serves as an international forum for physicians who wish to exchange information on problems relating to airline medicine, both through our yearly meeting and through networking opportunities to facilitate communications among physicians with related interests.
Secretary Petra A. Illig, M.D.
5011 Spenard Rd. #205
Anchorage, AK 99517
Phone: 907 245 4359 (USA)
Fax: 907 245 2212 (USA)
Apply for the Ralph Fennel Scholarship Award
This international award is open to medical students, residents and junior aviation medical professionals who wish to present a scientific paper at the annual AMDA meeting in an area of aviation or occupational medicine relevant to the airline industry. This 15-minute presentation is to be given as part of the Scientific Program of the AMDA meeting.
The award consists of:
- A roundtrip travel certificate sponsored by United Airlines for travel between the nearest airport to the award recipient’s residence and Dallas, TX, where the AMDA meeting will take place on May 5th 2018
- Two-night hotel accommodation
- AMDA award dinner
Interested candidates should send in a completed application by sending an email to AMDA Secretary Dr. Petra Illig no later than November 15th, 2017, for consideration by the Awards Committee. The recipient of the award will be notified by December 15th, 2017.